Fruits of Labor - S2:E2
"I am excited to say that we have just completed our phase two expansion of our cultivation facility. So we are definitely gearing up to see the fruits of that labor coming forward." Host Chris Kohan is joined by Jamie Apperson, Pennsylvania Account Manager for Grassroots Cannabis. Here Jamie delves into her “twist-of fate” story on how she started out in the medical cannabis industry and later expresses excitement with their new facility expansions.
- Opening Quote: "I am excited to say that we have just completed our phase two expansion of our cultivation facility. So we are definitely gearing up to see the fruits of that labor coming forward."
- "Welcome to Healing Hearts, a podcast created by The Healing Center. Here we explore passionate healing stories, educate on the power of cannabis and so much more!'"
- Host Chris Kohan introduces the episode and starts the conversation.
Host Chris Kohan is joined by Jamie Apperson, Pennsylvania Account Manager for Grassroots Cannabis. Here Jamie delves into her “twist-of fate” story on how she started out in the medical cannabis industry and later expresses excitement with their new facility expansions.
Segment 1 - Chris Kohan and Jamie Apperson
- Chris introduces his next guest in the Grower/Processor series: Jamie Apperson from Grassroots Cannabis. She provides a brief update on everything happening at Grassroots currently.
- Jamie has been a long-time supporter of the use of medical cannabis after hearing stories of her friends and family members overcoming pain and illnesses thanks to the medicine.
- Jamie has aspired to work in the industry since then, and in a “twist-of-fate” she encountered members of Grassroots at a medical cannabis event at a local bar.
- She bought drinks for everyone, shared her stories and interest in the industry, and provided them her business card in case any positions opened up down the line.
- Chris thanks Jamie for sharing her amazing story and expresses his fascination with everyone’s unique stories about starting out in the industry.
Segment 2 - Chris Kohan and Jamie Apperson
- When asked about what some of her favorite products are, Jamie expresses how passionate Grassroots is about taking care of their flour. Without it, they wouldn’t have been able to create all the other great products they have today including vape blinds, RSO, capsules and tablets.
- Jamie is also excited to share that Grassroots completed Phase Two of expansion that helped quadruple their cultivation facility space.
Segment 3 - Chris Kohan and Jamie Apperson
- Chris and Jami wrap up their conversation with a fun question: If Jamie were a strain, which one would she be and why?
- Jamie would pick a sativa leaning hybrid Tre OG because it combines all of the qualities about herself (energetic, uplifting, creative, etc.) into one stream.
- Host Chris Kohan thanks Jamie Apperson for joining him and tosses to the outro, thanking the listeners for joining them.
- “Thanks for listening to the Healing Hearts Podcast recorded at the Center for Media Innovation at Point Park University. For more info, visit thehealingcenterusa.com"
Host: Chris Kohan, Co-Founder - The Healing Center
Guest: Jamie Apperson, Pennsylvania Account Manager - Grassroots Cannabis.
Executive Producer: Lisa Craig, Marketing Director - The Healing Center
Editor: Olivia Valyo, Center for Media Innovation
Intro + Outro Song:
Antidepresseur by Patchworker f.k.a. [friendzoned] | https://soundcloud.com/patchworker
Music promoted by https://www.free-stock-music.com
Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 3.0 Unported