A Profound Impact - S2:E7
"When you hear about, you know, the amount of painkillers, some of these people were on and how cannabis has been able to help them alleviate and wean off of those items, um, really seeing the impact it's had on people's lives had my curiosity, uh, very high, you know, tied into the industry." Chris Kohan speaks with Members of Calypso: Client Services Manager Jen Weary-Irvin, and Sales Director Brandon Minnick.
- Opening Quote: "When you hear about, you know, the amount of painkillers, some of these people were on and how cannabis has been able to help them alleviate and wean off of those items, um, really seeing the impact it's had on people's lives had my curiosity, uh, very high, you know, tied into the industry."
- "Welcome to Healing Hearts, a podcast created by The Healing Center. Here we explore passionate healing stories, educate on the power of cannabis and so much more!'"
- Host Chris Cohan introduces the episode and starts the conversation.
- Chris introduces his final guests for the Healing Hearts Podcast’s Grower/Processor Series: Jen Weary-Irvin and Brandon Minnick from Calypso.
- Brandon kicks off the conversation with a story on how their company started: Calypso Founder Pat Black found positive success getting treatment for his medical condition out-of-state, and soon enough began brainstorming ideas to create a grower/processor in Pennsylvania. They faced some difficulties along the way, but they now have a beautiful facility in Erie, PA.
- When asked about how they joined the industry, Jen reveals that her journey started after suffering a traumatic brain injury from a car accident. Regular medications left her with major side effects, but when she became a medical marijuanna patient the quality of her life exceeded tenfold. Similarly, Chris shared that his wife also suffered from a brain injury and began doing very well when she started her medical marijuana treatment.
- Brandon has been interested in working in the industry after hearing about the improvements medical marijuanna has made on people’s lives. His interest piqued when he learned that a grower/processor was coming to Erie, PA.
- Jen and Brandon continue to share some of their favorite products from Calypso. They stress the importance of classifying their products based on terpenes.
- They have new exciting products coming up soon, and they’re looking forward to bringing more jobs to the area.
- Chris wraps up their conversation with a fun discussion of Jen and Brandon choosing which strain they would be and why.
- Host Chris Kohan thanks Jen and Brandon for joining him and tosses to the outro, thanking the listeners for joining them.
- “Thanks for listening to the Healing Hearts Podcast recorded at the Center for Media Innovation at Point Park University. For more info, visit thehealingcenterusa.com"